Wood Temporary Staffing is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill various production assembly positions in the Southwest Michigan area. If you are searching for work and have production experience please see the current openings listed below that need to be filled immediately. Wood Staffing has many other positions that are needing to be filled throughout the Michiana area. Feel free to view our job board to find the right job for you. If you would like to apply please apply online or contact us at 269-925-6767 or 574-234-6767 to inquire about any of our open positions.
• Parts assembly to customer specifications
• Visual inspection
• Must be able to use small hand-held tools
• Have good attention to detail
• Be able to handle, lift, push and pull up to 40lbs on a repetitive basis
Will work 6:00am-4:00pm Monday-Thursday with additional overtime as needed. Temp to hire position starting out at $17.00/hr. Qualified candidates can apply online at www.woodstaffing.com/apply and contact Teresa at 269-605-4018 or 574-968-1410 with questions.
1st shift opportunity with Berrien County Manufacturer. Will work 6:00am-2:30pm Monday-Friday with additional overtime as needed. This position will involve constructing and assembling machinery and equipment including interior brick work in industrial furnaces. Temp to hire position starting out at $15.00/hr-$18.00/hr depending on experience. Qualified candidates can apply online at www.woodstaffing.com/apply and contact Teresa at 269-605-4018 or 574-968-1410 with questions.
• Reading blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures and ensure that components are installed correctly
• Working as member of assembly group assembling various parts to order and working at different work stations as production needs require or shifting from one station to another
• Laying out work to calculate angles and courses for building walls, arches, columns, corners and bottoms
• Cutting brick to size, spreading fire-clay mortar over brick with trowel and laying brick in place
• Spreading/spraying refractories over exposed bricks to protect bricks against deterioration by heat
• Mounting components such as doors, motors, heaters, blowers, fans and coils to weldment according to blueprints
• Bolting, screwing and fastening parts together, as well as drilling and tapping mounting holes
• Packing insulation into shells and frames to insulate heating equipment such as furnaces, boilers or ovens
• Signing off on sign-off sheet as steps are completed and inspecting units prior to release for testing
• Two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to accurately measure with a tape measure and square to 1/32″ and convert decimals to fractions and read blueprints
• Be able to regularly lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasional lift/move up to 50 pounds
1st shift opportunity with Berrien County Manufacturer. Will work 6:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday with additional Saturday overtime as needed. This position will involve preparing items for painting, mixing paints and painting component parts and equipment, as well as assembling furnaces and heat treating equipment. Temp to hire position starting out at $15.00/hr-$16.00/hr depending on experience. Qualified candidates can contact Teresa at 269-605-4018 or 574-968-1410 with questions.
• Inspect items to be painted for proper welds
• Remove weld spatter and excess weld, sharp edges and burrs using a wire wheel, air chisel, electric grinder or file
• Clean and prepare the surface to be painted-mask off areas not requiring paint
• Apply primer coat and buff out primer runs
• Mix paint with thinner
• Paint product according to specifications using paint pot and air paint spray gun
• Install data plates, warning labels and other signs
• Clean painting equipment and paint booth
• Inventory and rotate paint stock
• Read blueprints, diagrams and/or schematic and job orders
• Follow diagrams, blueprints and/or schematics to ensure proper components are created and assembled correctly
• Prepare steel components, assemble and weld pieces
• Inspect and measure parts and products to verify conformance to specifications
• One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to accurately measure with a tape measure and square to 1/32″ and convert decimals to fractions
• Be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Have fabrication experience including operating machines including shear, press brake, plate, angle rolls and plasma cutter
• Have experience in Gas, MIG, TIG and Stick welding techniques
Go to woodstaffing.com/apply today!