Wood Temporary Staffing is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill various production positions in the Michiana area. If you are searching for work and have production experience please see the current openings listed below that need to be filled immediately. Wood Staffing has many other positions that are needing to be filled throughout the Michiana area. Feel free to view our job board to find the right job for you. If you would like to apply please apply online or contact us at 269-925-6767 or 574-234-6767 to inquire about any of our open positions.
Wood Staffing is hiring for a growing Niles, MI company who offers a clean and friendly work environment with a competitive benefit package once hired in. We are currently seeking an individual for a 1st Shift General Production/Assembly. Will work 6:00am -4:00pm Monday-Thursday with additional overtime as needed. Temp to hire position starting out at $17.00/hr. Qualified candidates can apply online at woodstaffing.com/apply and contact Teresa at 269-605-4018 or 574-968-1410 with questions.
• Parts assembly to customer specifications
• Visual inspection
• Must be able to use small hand-held tools
• Have good attention to detail
• Be able to handle, lift, push and pull up to 40lbs on a repetitive basis
Wood Staffing is hiring for a growing Niles, MI company who offers a clean and friendly work environment with a competitive benefit package once hired in. We are currently seeking 2nd shift General Production/Press Brake Operators to operate brake presses, sanders, grinders, punch presses, saws and forklifts. Will work 4:00pm-2:00am Monday-Thursday with additional overtime as needed. Temp to hire positions starting out at $20.00/hr. ($17.00/hr. + $3/hr. shift premium) and up depending on experience. Qualified candidates can apply online at woodstaffing.com/apply or contact Teresa at 269-605-4018 or 574-968-1410 for details.
• Will load and unload parts
• Change different types of punches and dies
• Use small hand-held tools to make minor adjustments to parts including grinders, drills and gages
• Perform product quality checks
• Complete required production documentation
• Package parts per specification including making boxes with wooden skids
• Must be able to set the readings on the Hurco Autobend back gauge computer and read blueprints, calipers and micrometers
• Must be able to lift up to 40lbs on a repetitive basis
• Forklift operation experience is a plus
1st shift opportunity with Berrien County Manufacturer. Will work 6:00am-2:30pm Monday-Friday with additional overtime as needed. This position will involve constructing and assembling machinery and equipment including interior brick work in industrial furnaces. Temp to hire position starting out at $15.00/hr-$18.00/hr depending on experience. Qualified candidates can apply online at woodstaffing.com/apply and contact Teresa at 269-605-4018 or 574-968-1410 with questions.
• Reading blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures and ensure that components are installed correctly
• Working as member of assembly group assembling various parts to order and working at different work stations as production needs require or shifting from one station to another
• Laying out work to calculate angles and courses for building walls, arches, columns, corners and bottoms
• Cutting brick to size, spreading fire-clay mortar over brick with trowel and laying brick in place
• Spreading/spraying refractories over exposed bricks to protect bricks against deterioration by heat
• Mounting components such as doors, motors, heaters, blowers, fans and coils to weldment according to blueprints
• Bolting, screwing and fastening parts together, as well as drilling and tapping mounting holes
• Packing insulation into shells and frames to insulate heating equipment such as furnaces, boilers or ovens
• Signing off on sign-off sheet as steps are completed and inspecting units prior to release for testing
• Two to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to accurately measure with a tape measure and square to 1/32″ and convert decimals to fractions and read blueprints
• Be able to regularly lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasional lift/move up to 50 pounds
Please go to woodstaffing.com/apply