Wood Temporary Staffing is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill various production assembly positions in the Southwest Michigan area. If you are searching for work and have production experience please see the current openings listed below that need to be filled immediately. Wood Staffing has many other positions that are needing to be filled throughout the Michiana area. Feel free to view our job board to find the right job for you. If you would like to apply please apply online or contact us at 269-925-6767 or 574-234-6767 to inquire about any of our open positions.
1st shift opportunity with Berrien County Manufacturer. Will work 6:00am-2:30pm Monday-Friday with additional overtime as needed. This position will involve constructing and assembling machinery and equipment including interior brick work in industrial furnaces. Temp to hire position starting out at $15.00-$18.00/hr. depending on experience. Qualified candidates can apply online at woodstaffing.com/apply and contact TeKyrua Roberts at 269-588-4533 with questions.
• Reading blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures and ensure that components are installed correctly
• Working as member of assembly group assembling various parts to order and working at different work stations as production needs require or shifting from one station to another
• Laying out work to calculate angles and courses for building walls, arches, columns, corners and bottoms
• Cutting brick to size, spreading fire-clay mortar over brick with trowel and laying brick in place
• Spreading/spraying refractories over exposed bricks to protect bricks against deterioration by heat
• Mounting components such as doors, motors, heaters, blowers, fans and coils to weldment according to blueprints
• Bolting, screwing and fastening parts together, as well as drilling and tapping mounting holes
• Packing insulation into shells and frames to insulate heating equipment such as furnaces, boilers or ovens
• Signing off on sign-off sheet as steps are completed and inspecting units prior to release for testing
• Two to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to accurately measure with a tape measure and square to 1/32″ and convert decimals to fractions and read blueprints
• Be able to regularly lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasional lift/move up to 50 pounds
• Reading and following blueprints
• Welding stainless steel components to prepare for final assembly
• Stainless steel surface cleaning and preparation final assembly
• Assembling individual components with a multitude of fasteners to complete a final assembled machine
• Reading and following pneumatic and electrical prints
• Install pneumatic lines per provided prints
• Build and install electrical cabinets per provided prints
• Build final packaging crates for shipment of equipment
• Ability to safely lift up to 30 lbs
• Mechanical aptitude a must
• Excellent attendance record
• Positive attitude
• Team player
Hours are 6:00 am-2:30 pm Monday–Friday with additional overtime as needed. Temp to Hire position starting out at $16.00/hr depending upon experience. Qualified candidates please contact Carrie Hawkins at 269-605-4133.
Please go to woodstaffing.com/apply today!