Wood Staffing is currently seeking qualified Tool and Die candidates to fill immediate positions with companies in the Michiana area. These positions include Tool and Die repair and Tool Makers. All jobs are temp to hire and interested candidates can call Wood Temporary Staffing at 574-234-6767 or 269-925-6767 to inquire, apply online or view our job board for all other opportunities that are available.
Wood Staffing is hiring for a growing Niles, MI company who offers a clean and friendly work environment with a competitive benefit package once hired in. Experienced Tool and Die Maker needed for 1st shift. Will work from 4:00am-2:00pm Monday-Thursday with additional overtime as needed. Temp to hire position with wages depending on experience.
• Design of new tooling and stamping dies
• Collaborating with engineers to develop conceptual, preliminary and detail designs
• Creating preliminary sketches of dies for review
• Ensuring strip layouts/drawings meet customer specifications
• Creating/updating detailed drawings for manufacturing with CAD systems
• Reading blueprints and using necessary measuring devices to make or modify existing tooling and/or tools for old or new jobs
• Performing troubleshooting
• Managing a bill of materials for all designs
• Minimum of five years experience in Tool and Die Design
• Advanced training through an accredited program
• Experience in tool and die design/engineering
• Experience in NX 8.5 (formerly Unigraphics), Windows and MS Office Products
• Extensive knowledge of CAD systems, AutoCAD and 3D modeling
• Geometric Intolerance experience Experience as a Journeyman Tool & Die Maker/Repair and CAD design experience is preferred
Experienced individual needed for Tool and Die Making/Repair position with a Mishawaka, IN manufacturer. 1st shift opening working 6:00am-2:30pm Monday-Friday plus additional OT as needed. Temp to hire position with wages depending on experience. Qualified candidates can apply at woodstaffing.com/apply and can contact Rena at 574-968-1411 or 269-605-4131 with questions.
• Performing tooling repairs on dies, fixtures, and other equipment needing machined repairs
• Assessing die damage/wear and investigating repair alternatives
• Troubleshooting problem dies and processes
• Participate in corrective and preventative actions and gather information from production and Quality Control employees
• Operate tool room equipment and using measuring gauges as needed
• Participating in Quality functions pertaining to production
• Must be able to read and understand blueprints including basic geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
• Must have high school diploma
• Journeyman Toolmaker or work-related experience/training is preferred
Go to woodstaffing.com/apply today!