Wood Temporary Staffing is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill various production assembly positions in the Southwest Michigan area. If you are searching for work and have production experience please see the current openings listed below that need to be filled immediately. Wood Staffing has many other positions that are needing to be filled throughout the Michiana area. Feel free to view our job board to find the right job for you. If you would like to apply please apply online or contact us at 269-925-6767 or 574-234-6767 to inquire about any of our open positions.
• Reading blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures and ensure that components are installed correctly
• Working as member of assembly group assembling various parts to order and working at different work stations as production needs require or shifting from one station to another
• Laying out work to calculate angles and courses for building walls, arches, columns, corners and bottoms
• Cutting brick to size, spreading fire-clay mortar over brick with trowel and laying brick in place
• Spreading/spraying refractories over exposed bricks to protect bricks against deterioration by heat
• Mounting components such as doors, motors, heaters, blowers, fans and coils to weldment according to blueprints
• Bolting, screwing and fastening parts together, as well as drilling and tapping mounting holes
• Packing insulation into shells and frames to insulate heating equipment such as furnaces, boilers or ovens
• Signing off on sign-off sheet as steps are completed and inspecting units prior to release for testing
• Two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to accurately measure with a tape measure and square to 1/32″ and convert decimals to fractions and read blueprints
• Be able to regularly lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasional lift/move up to 50 pounds
1st shift opportunity with Berrien County Manufacturer. Will work 6:00am-2:30pm Monday-Friday with additional overtime as needed. This position will involve constructing and assembling machinery and equipment including interior brick work in industrial furnaces. Temp to hire position starting out at $15.00/hr.-$18.00/hr depending on experience. Qualified candidates can apply online at woodstaffing.com/apply and contact TeKyrua R. at 269-588-4533 with questions.
- Fabricate, assemble and weld pieces with welding techniques such as gas MIG & TIG.
- Layout stitch weld per drawing requirements
- Inspect and measure parts and products to verify conformance to specifications
- Move materials using forklift and overhead crane
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure
- Basic understanding of blueprint reading
- Be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
1st shift opportunity with Berrien County Manufacturer. Will work 6:00am – 2:30pm Monday – Friday with additional Saturday overtime as needed. This position will involve assembling furnaces and heat treating equipment. Temp to hire position starting out at $18.00/hr depending on experience. Qualified candidates can apply online at www.woodstaffing.com/apply and contact TeKyrua R. at 269-588-4533 with questions.
Go to woodstaffing.com/apply today to fill out an online application