Wood Staffing is now hiring for several Skilled Trades positions throughout Michiana. Qualified candidates may apply online, view our job board or contact our office for details about these exciting job opportunities. Wood Temporary Staffing is one of the leading staffing agencies in Michiana and Southwest Michigan that is helping to put people to work right now!
Michiana manufacturer is seeking an experienced candidate for 1st Shift Gear Cutting/Hobbing position working 6:00am – 4:30pm Monday – Thursday with additional overtime as needed. Temp to hire position starting out at $13.00/hr – $17.00/hr depending on experience. Qualified candidates can apply online at woodstaffing.com/apply and contact Rena at 574-968-1411 with questions.
- Will tend/operate gear cutting and finishing machines such as gear shapers, hobs, honers, lappers and generators to machine spline or gear teeth on metal blanks
- Follow job instructions and check gear dimensions
- Position and secure work piece on arbor in chuck or in fixture
- Start machine, turn valve handle and direct flow of coolant against tool and work piece
- Verify conformance to specifications
- Must be able to pass assessments in Blueprint Reading and Basic Inspection with the required percentage for the department
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good math skills, reasoning skills, and attention to detail
- Must be able to follow instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Must have knowledge Microsoft Windows
- Must have ability to utilize the MME ERP system to locate jobs, status operations, sequences, and log comments
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
1st shift position working 6am-4:30pm Monday – Thursday + OT as needed. Temp to hire position with wages starting out at $15.00/hr – $17.00/hr depending on experience. Qualified candidates can contact Rena at 574-968-1411 with questions
- Will remove burrs, sharp edges, machine tool marks and excess metal or surface defects from parts
- Will use buffing wheels, hand scrapers, re-taping machines, drill presses or other polishing equipment
- Must have good close vision
- Must have previous deburring experience
- Background from a precision machining environment is preferred
- High School Diploma/GED
1st shift position working 6am-4:30pm Monday – Thursday with overtime as needed. Temp to hire position starting out at $15.00/hr – $19.00/hr depending on experience. Qualified candidates can apply online at woodstaffing.com/apply and contact Rena at 574-968-1411 with questions
- Set up and operation of a variety of grinding machines such as external, centerless, internal and surface grinders to grind metal work pieces such as machine parts, dies or tools.
- Will study blueprint or layout to plan sequence of operations
- Select appropriate grinding wheel, dress wheel with dressing device
- Position and secure work piece in place and select feed rates, grinding speeds, depth of cuts and grinding wheel of size, shape and grade for each operation
- Observe operation and adjust position and action of wheel and work piece
- Verify dimensions of ground work piece for conformance to specifications
- Must have previous experience performing precision grinding – experience from a tight tolerance, high precision, CNC machining environment is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Must have high school diploma or GED or one to two years related experience and /or training or equivalent combinations of education and experience
- Must have reliable transportation and good attendance
To apply go to woodstaffing.com/apply today!